Friday, September 10, 2010

Aaron and a couple others from church worked hard and made and put on baseboards in the church's hallway/lobby area. They look very nice!
Since we both love salsa, we had fun making some together - we might even try a batch sometime with twice as many peppers...
Aaron cutting peppers...my hair was a mess or something like that, so he got to be the model. I thought when we planted this big garden, I was going to have to harvest it all myself, but Aaron enjoys the garden work and he's the one that decides what needs to be harvested each day.
We used a gift card we got for our wedding to buy this Kitchen Aid attatchment. We canned 8 pints that day and have done 7 more since and hope to get another couple batches ( and maybe some other tomato things.) I know that doesn't sound like much to all you big-family-expert-canners, but we were pretty happy :)
Aaron and our cabbage - we've also been harvesting more peas, corn, beets, and cucumbers. I have a feeling this cool September weather is going to slow things down now though.

2 comments:

Daniel and Rachel said...

Hey, sounds like a big accomplishment to me!!! I haven't canned a THING since we got married...but I do occasionally freeze things. :) I have a glass top stove and you can't can on them.

Mom said...

I am wondering how your sweet potatoes are doing. I planted some also but the goat got into them.
Ju Nell